Work-Related Injury

Back Injuries Are The #1 Work-related Injury In Ohio!

This report is concise providing you quickly with what you need to know if you suffer from a Work-Related Injury.

We stand ready to help.

Call us today for the help you need.

Jack D. Adrian, D.C

ChiroCenter of Troy


Have You Experienced a Work-Related Injury?

If you’ve recently experienced a work injury, you’re not alone.  Each year tens of thousands of work injuries happened to Ohio workers.   Work-Related Injury range from repetitive lifting, bending, twisting, turning, slipping, falling – and often times, a combination of many of them at once.

Back injuries are the number one Work-Related Injury in Ohio, and the United States. Workers Compensation plans show that more than twice as many Work-Related Injury claims are made for back injuries than any other type of work injury.

What Do I Do If I Suffer A Work-Related Injury?

  • You should immediately report the Work-Related Injury to your employer or supervisor, and should ask to complete a written incident report.
  • Be sure to obtain a copy of your Work-Related Injury report for yourself.
  • Note the names of any witnesses of your Work-Related Injury.
  • Call ChiroCenter at (937) 339-5556 and schedule your appointment with Dr. Jack Adrian.  We’ll help you with the necessary Work-Related Injury “get the claim started” paperwork.   You will be asked to provide a detailed description of your job and the manner in which you were injured.  This is important so our office can clearly communicate your injuries in a written manner to your MCO or the Ohio Bureau of Worker’s compensation.
  • From there, we will handle all the reports and treatment authorizations for you related to your Work-Related Injury.
  • For approved treatment, your care is covered at 100%.  There is no balance billing.

Do I Have To Go To My Company Doctor For Work-Related Injury Treatment?

In the State of Ohio, the law says the injured worker has the right to choose their doctor in a Work-Related Injury.   You are not required to see a doctor your employer says you must see.  You can see any doctor who is certified by the Ohio Bureau of Workers’ Compensation (BWC).

You also have the right to change doctors if you are not happy with your current treatment approach.  This is accomplished by signing and initiating a Change of Physician form with the new doctor’s office you are choosing to go to.

Please Note:  There is one exception to law. If you work for an employer who is self-insured under the QHP program, you are required to see their doctor for your initial visit only.  After that, you may select any BWC certified doctor.

Should I File a Worker’s Compensation Claim?

Why Can’t The Bill Just Be Sent To My Private Insurance?

Yes, if you need treatment you should file a claim.  Under the law, private insurance may not be billed when the injury happens at work.  Your private insurance is not contracted, and is not legally responsible, nor will not cover injuries that appear to be work related.

How Do I File A Claim?

To open a claim, the steps are actually very simple……….

  • Obtain a First Report of Injury (FROI) form from your employer, your doctor or from the Ohio Bureau of Workers’ Compensation.
  • Fill out the sections entitled “Injured Worker Info” and “Injury/Disease/Death Info.”   Your doctor’s office will take care of the remainder of this form.
  • You have the right to seek treatment from any BWC certified doctor of any profession.  Your injuries must be related to your employment.
  • Your doctor’s office will then submit this form, along with all other needed information regarding treatment request to your MCO or the Bureau of Worker’s  Compensation.
  • There are limits on what types and amounts of treatment you can receive.  Your Worker’s Compensation Claim is like having medical or disability insurance, and only covers the allowed conditions in your BWC claim.
  • Your workers’ compensation claim will be managed by an MCO, who may seek to limit costs in your claim by limiting treatment.  An attorney who is familiar with workers’ compensation will understand these medical and legal issues and can assist you in getting your treatment authorized and your bills paid.
  • Do not make the mistake of believing that your claims manager, the hearing officer, or your employer’s attorney will try to protect your rights.  That is not their job.
  • You have the right to hire an attorney to protect your rights if you feel one is necessary.

How Do I Get Started After A Work-Related Injury?

If you have been injured on the job, your injury may very well be one of those we can help you with.

First, be sure to report your injury to your employer.  Then, call ChiroCenter to schedule an appointment for your complimentary consultation. This will provide us the opportunity to discuss your concerns one-on-one and come up with the best treatment approach best for you.  At this time, you can also fill out your First Report of Injury (FROI) form.  We have them right here in our office.

We are certified with the Ohio BWC, and we have more than 30 years experience working with injured workers within the Ohio Worker’s Compensation System.   We deal with issues as simple as sprains and strains, to the more serious and career threatening spinal disc issues. Chances are we will be able to help you, but if not, please know we’ll tell you so.

We have great success in helping injured worker’s remain productive in their respective trades and professionsIn most cases, you will not need to be off work or unnecessarily miss a paycheck.

In those cases where it is necessary to be off work in order to have the best chance to get better, we do our very best, once we feel it is safe for you to do so, to get you back on the job as safely and prudently as possible, so you can once again become productive for both you, your family and employer.

As you can see, our philosophy and approach in helping injured workers is more than just helping out with an injury.  It’s really about helping you continue your livelihood.

If you’ve been injured at work and don’t know what to do, or if you not getting the results you want and need with your current form of treatment, or believe it’s time for a different approach, find yourself calling ChiroCenter today.  A complimentary conference with the doctor will help us to come up with the best approach for you.

Call us today at 339-5556.  We’re ready to help………..

Jack D. Adrian, D.C.

2850 S. Co. Rd. 25A

Troy, Ohio  45373


(Across from Erwin Chrysler)

Our Website:

Please click on the link below to download the free article as PDF file.  Work-Related Injury